1. Visit the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
2. Take a scenic drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway.
3. Go whitewater rafting on the Ocoee River.
4. Attend a bluegrass music festival. 5. Hike to waterfalls and lookouts in the Chattanooga area. 6. Drive through Cades Cove to see wildlife and historic buildings.
7. Tour Nashville’s Honky Tonk Row and visit the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum.
Looking for something fun to do in Tennessee? Look no further! Here are 10 great things to do in the Volunteer State:
1. Visit Nashville – Music City is a must-see for any music lover. Check out live performances at the Grand Ole Opry, Ryman Auditorium, and other iconic venues. Don’t forget to sample some of the local cuisine – hot chicken is a must!
2. Take a scenic drive – Tennessee is home to some beautiful scenery. Drive along the Natchez Trace Parkway or Great Smoky Mountains National Park for breathtaking views. 3. Learn about history – From the Civil War to the civil rights movement, Tennessee has played an important role in American history.
Visit sites like the National Civil Rights Museum and Fort Pillow State Historic Park to learn more about this state’s past. 4. Enjoy the outdoors – With over 50 state parks, there’s plenty of opportunity to get outside and enjoy nature in Tennessee. Hiking, camping, fishing, and picnicking are just a few of the activities you can enjoy at these parks.
5. Sample some moonshine – Yes, moonshine is legal in Tennessee! Stop by one of the many distilleries in East Tennessee for a tour and tasting (just don’t drink too much before getting back on the road!).
Tennessee Tourist Attractions: 10 Best Places to Visit in Tennessee 2022
What is the Number 1 Attraction in Tennessee?
The number 1 attraction in Tennessee is the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The park is located in the Appalachian Mountains and spans across Tennessee and North Carolina. It is the most visited national park in the United States with over 11 million visitors each year.
The park offers stunning views, hiking trails, waterfalls, wildlife, and much more.
What are Three Things Tennessee is Famous For?
Tennessee is often referred to as the “Volunteer State,” a nickname it earned during the War of 1812 when volunteer soldiers from Tennessee played a pivotal role in the Battle of New Orleans. The state is also known for being the birthplace of country music and for its abundance of scenic vistas, including the Great Smoky Mountains.
What is the Prettiest Place in Tennessee?
The answer to this question is subjective, as beauty is in the eye of the beholder. However, there are some places in Tennessee that are universally considered to be beautiful. Some of these places include the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Lookout Mountain, and Nashville.
What’S So Great About Tennessee?
There are a lot of things that make Tennessee great, but here are just a few:
-The scenery. Tennessee is home to some of the most beautiful landscapes in the country.
From the Great Smoky Mountains to the rolling hills of Middle Tennessee, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. -The people. Tennesseans are some of the friendliest and most hospitable people you’ll ever meet.
No matter where you’re from, you’ll feel right at home in Tennessee. -The food. If you love southern cooking, then you’ll love Tennessee!
From Nashville hot chicken to Memphis BBQ, there’s no shortage of delicious food to be found in this state. -The history. Tennessee has a rich and fascinating history that is waiting to be explored.
From the Civil War to the civil rights movement, there’s no shortage of stories to be told in this state. So what are you waiting for? Come on down to Tennessee and see for yourself why it’s such a great place!
Things to Do in Tennessee for Couples
Tennessee is a great state for couples to visit. There are so many things to see and do, you’ll never be bored. Here are some of our favorite things to do in Tennessee for couples:
Visit Nashville – Nashville is the perfect city for music lovers. There are so many great live music venues and museums to explore. You can also enjoy the city’s nightlife and delicious food scene.
Take a scenic drive – Tennessee has some of the most beautiful scenery in the country. Take a drive through the Great Smoky Mountains or along the Natchez Trace Parkway. You’ll be amazed by the natural beauty of this state.
Explore Memphis – Memphis is home to some of America’s most iconic music venues, like Graceland and Beale Street. This city is also full of history and culture. You can learn about Elvis Presley, visit The National Civil Rights Museum, or explore one of the many art galleries in town.
Visit an amusement park – If you’re looking for some fun and excitement, head to Dollywood or Splash Country. These world-class amusement parks have something for everyone to enjoy.
Things to Do in Tennessee With Kids
There is no shortage of things to do in Tennessee with kids. Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
Visit the Adventure Science Center in Nashville.
With hands-on exhibits and planetarium shows, there is something for everyone at this museum. Take a scenic drive through Great Smoky Mountains National Park. There are plenty of pull-offs and hiking trails to explore along the way.
Visit Dollywood theme park in Pigeon Forge. With thrill rides, live entertainment, and a water park, there is something for everyone at Dollywood. Explore the caves at Cumberland Gap National Historical Park.
This park is home to some of the largest caves in the world!
Free Things to Do in Tennessee
If you’re looking for some free fun in Tennessee, there are plenty of options! Here are just a few:
1. Take a hike on one of the state’s many trails.
From the scenic Great Smoky Mountains to the challenging Fiery Gizzard Trail, there’s something for everyone. 2. Visit a state park. Tennessee is home to 55 state parks, all of which offer something unique and enjoyable.
Many also offer free programs and events throughout the year. 3. Go fishing in one of the many lakes and streams. A fishing license is required for those 16 years old and older, but it’s well worth it for a peaceful day spent casting your line.
4. Attend a festival or fair. There are always lots of festivals and fairs happening around Tennessee – many of which are free to attend! Check out your local calendar to see what’s going on during your visit.
Tennessee is a great state to visit, with plenty of activities and attractions to keep visitors entertained. From hiking and camping in the Great Smoky Mountains to exploring the history of Nashville and Memphis, there is something for everyone in Tennessee.